Hello from Nor Cal

Tell us about your past training experience, your current skills and your goals!
Gym Kirk

Hello from Nor Cal

Postby Gym Kirk » Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:43 pm

I would like to start by thanking Tyson and Lachlan for creating the Stronger series. I found it very entertaining and it got me interested enough to where I decided to buy my first set of rings. I began bodyweight training early this year, and was quickly humbled by how hard the rings are... even after 7 months of strength training! I am very excited on my quest to conquer the rings, even if it may be a long journey.

Joshtheboss

Re: Hello from Nor Cal

Postby Joshtheboss » Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:23 am

What's your goals so far?

Gym Kirk

Postby Gym Kirk » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:28 am

Most of my goals for 2013 I made before I owned my first set of rings. In no particular order:

Goal #1 I'm working towards 20 pull-ups (I could barely do 1 in February, now I'm at 15).
Goal #2 The muscle up on the rings. I'm finding the transition very difficult.
Goal #3 get to 200lbs (currently at 193, but started at 174)
Goal #4 complete Foundation One

Other than that I just need to get familiar with the rings and be proficient with the fundamental moves/holds needed for the rings. Things like false grip etc. 2014 goals will probably be more rings related as I gauge my skills and make short/long term goals.

Joshtheboss

Postby Joshtheboss » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:56 pm

Yeah the muscle up is a little hard to get
I recommend negatives cause that's a really good way to practise the transfer. Also muscle ups with feet on a block. Another one would be jumping muscle ups like feet on the floor then a little jump to get on top. Those were some that I used to get it. It was weird because one day I couldn't do it at all then I got like that same week. I got 20 pullups for one of my goals a couple months ago. Such a good feeling meeting your goals.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”